Note if you have any dyanmic pages (eg. are using php) then you will need to use an alternative for hosting.
Information on Netlify may be found here.
To host a website on Netlify you will first need to upload your website to a respository on BitBucket, GitHub or GitLab.
By far the easiest way to host a website on BitBucket, GitHub or GitLab is to import or fork an existing site repository from BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab or any other code sharing platform. See here for a variety of templates you can use to make websites.
Once you have a website on BitBucket, GitHub or GitLab you can host it on Netlify by following these steps:
- Singup for Netlify using either BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab or email;
- Login to Netlify using either BitBucket, GitHub, GitLab or email;
- Click on
New site from Git;
- Choose which Git provider you want to use (BitBucket, GitHub or Gitlab);
- Select the repository containing your website;
- Select the branch containing the website (typically master), leave the build command blank and enter the directory containing the website (typically left blank for BitBucket and GitHub, and
- Click deploy site.
If you go in to